PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Migration of Lotus Server on July 23 2013

Tim Harris
20-07-2013, 11:23 AM
This is a notification regarding the scheduled migration of Lotus Server to a New Server Hardware on Tuesday i.e. July 23 2013. The migration process will start at 1:00am BST and is expected to last till 8:00am BST.

Due to the issues with Lotus Serverís Hard Drives and RAID, Management has decided to setup a new Server equivalent to existing server in terms of configuration and transfer the data from Lotus Server. We apologize for such short notice, however looking at the severity of the issue; we have to migrate server to avoid future consequences which will lead to prolonged downtime.

The PHP, MySQL and Apache configuration will be same. The only change that will follow is the change of Primary IP Address while all the Secondary IP Address will remain the same. Which means customers having dedicated IP addresses will be allocated their own IP address on the new server. Customers using our WhoIS protected nameservers do not need to make any changes however those using private nameservers will need to update their primary nameserver with the New IP address which will be provided by Monday i.e 22nd of July. You may make the PRIMARY nameserver IP change on 23rd of July 8.00 am onwards. Like mentioned before, since there will be no change of secondary IP address, you DO NOT need to change your SECONDARY nameserver IP.

We completely understand you being nervous regarding server migration but we would like to assure you that this process is seamless and without any downtime. It is strongly recommended that you take backups of your data and stop updating your websites until the migration process completed.

We will be keeping the Old Lotus Server active till August 5 2013 in case we need to retrieve old data. You may check our forum for further updates on migration status.

Your patience and co-operation is highly appreciated during the Migration process. Should you need any further information, please free to contact our support department through live chat or helpdesk.

BJepson
20-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I hope that sometime before Tuesday Lotus is actually working for long enought to actually do a backup. Today it is down more than up!

BJepson
23-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Has the migration happened? I can't see any change.

Tim Harris
23-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Dear Customers,

Thank you for your patience and co-operation. The Lotus Server migration has been successfully completed. If you are facing any issues, please contact our support department through live chat or helpdesk and we will get the issue resolved.