PDA

View Full Version : Kernel Panic - Minicooper

Albert Kent
14-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately we are facing Critical Kernel Panic issue , Our Engineers are working very hard on this issue. We will keep you updated with the server status.

We appreciate your patience and co-operation in this matter.

wullie
14-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi

How long will the server be down? My website relies on regular users posting everyday.

Albert Kent
14-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Hello,

Server won't boot due to Kernel panic, it says it can't find 'init'. we'll boot the server into the rescue image and try to get the issue resolved soon.

XIX
14-06-2012, 06:55 PM
been down since about midday.

That's about 8 hours now. Really REALLY not good enough at all.

What are you going to do in order to ensure it doesn't happen again? I've had to get in touch with you three times about my sites or FTP not working since i signed up to you two months or so ago.

In the last ten years I have had to contact my american hosts the same number of times for this reason.

That does not compare well.

wullie
14-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Hello,

Server won't boot due to Kernel panic, it says it can't find 'init'. we'll boot the server into the rescue image and try to get the issue resolved soon.

Could you tell me in a way that I will understand. Have only been with you 12 days and twice already I have had server issues. This is not good for a classified ads website, and especially for its reputation. I need to know this gets sorted, or I will need to move elswhere.

Albert Kent
14-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Hello,

Currently FSCK is running on the server and it will take next 2 - 4 hours to get working fine.

Albert Kent
14-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Hello,

We are currently moving the sites to another new server, it will take 180 minutes to complete the migration. Site are being restored in alphabetical order, those sites will start working as the restore is completed.

Omnigo
14-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Site are being restored in alphabetical order, those sites will start working as the restore is completed.

Presumably you are restring from a backup? Can you tell us how old the backup is?

Albert Kent
14-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Hello,

Restoration in process and will take next 2 hours to complete, will keep you update on the status.

Thanks!

Omnigo
14-06-2012, 11:04 PM
But will the sites be restored to the time they went off (1:12pm) or are you restoring from a backup from an earlier time? I was editing my site early, I would like to know if those changes will still be there?

Also, will the new server be allocated a new IP address?

Albert Kent
15-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello,

We have restored all of the accounts from old server, everything should be working fine now. I apologize for delay and inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks!

Omnigo
15-06-2012, 06:47 AM
The answer is yes, the IP address did change. If you had answered my question, I would have had a few extra hours of my revised DNS propagating before the offices opened :mad: (I am using an external name server).

For your info, my FTP login had disappeared? I just created a new one but could not understand why it would vanish ?

sushantk
15-06-2012, 07:48 AM
let me know when it will get active ????????????

richardm
15-06-2012, 07:49 AM
My website is still down, what am I doing wrong?

Albert Kent
15-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Hello,

The backups restored on server is same as yesterday when server went offline. Unfortunately we're again facing some problem with configuration files on server. We're working on this issue as soon as its fixed we will update the thread with the status.

Thanks!

alpalsco
15-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Just when I thought things could not get worse - my url now points to a luxury property site. We're an education business!

Considering that I've been with you for just a week and have already lost a day, I'm not impressed. Worse still is the fact that server problems seem to be a not too uncommon problem with you. What will you be doing to try to prevent the mass exodus of your customers to other hosting companies?

alpalsco
15-06-2012, 08:32 AM
My website is still down, what am I doing wrong?

Don't beat yourself up mate - the only thing you've done is to trust your host to maintain a 99.9% up time.

lauder
15-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I've used - and still use - lots of different hosting companies, but this has to be the worst. "Minicooper" has been down about four times in the last month; each time sites are offline for hours on end. Each time, they give a different excuse. This site is not honest; all these "Nathan Lees" and "Adam Brown"s and very English names are really getting back to you from their call center in Bangalore, though they don't want you to know that (Why not? India is pretty good when it comes to hi-tech). Their site is not run from London as they claim, it's just a mail-drop.
If you're running anything in the way of a professional site, you should think of moving to a more honest and reliable host, because this one is likely to seriously damage your SEO...... :mad:

Natasha
15-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Please accept our sincere apology for those clients who are hosted on minicooper server, yesterday server had serious problem first with hard drive crashing. We recovered the corrupted bad sectors on the hard drive with FSCK but after the server boot it failed with kernel panic problem with server not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Since the old server was damaged, Our engineers managed to recovera cPanel Server data from a crashed hard disk using rSync and then successfully migrated the live cPanel Server to a new Cpanel server.

The new IP address for the Minicooper server is 92.48.90.132 (if any clients are using custom/remote DNS host then please make sure the A record for the domain is pointed to new IP address) and for other clients who are using our default nameservers no need to make any changes at their end.

Our engineers confirmed the new server is working smoothly and so far no issues came up with, For any questions feel free to submit a support request or contact us on our live support chat.

Sorry for the service inconvenience that happened yesterday with this server and thanks for your cooperation.