PDA

View Full Version : Where is the uptime record?

m8internet
28-10-2011, 09:29 AM
http://www.webhost.uk.net/forums/member.php?u=1:
99.999% guaranteed uptime with lightening fast support

http://www.webhost.uk.net/forums/member.php?u=914 :
99.99% guaranteed uptime with 24/7 support

Web Hosting category, all products, http://www.webhost.uk.net/ :
99.9% Uptime Server

http://www.webhost.uk.net/tos.html :
9b.) Uptime Guarantee 99.9%

Where can this statistic be viewed, at any time?
What is the determining factor for this stastic (day, week, month)?
Why are the such variances between what is being offered (99.9%) and staff signatures?

With respect to the refunds and claims
If one customer makes a claim which is approved, is this refund also applied to all affected customers on the same / shared server?
How many claims and refunds have been processed within the last 24 months (along with details of dates)?

rogerd
29-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Where can this statistic be viewed, at any time?
What is the determining factor for this stastic (day, week, month)?
Why are the such variances between what is being offered (99.9%) and staff signatures?

With respect to the refunds and claims
If one customer makes a claim which is approved, is this refund also applied to all affected customers on the same / shared server?
How many claims and refunds have been processed within the last 24 months (along with details of dates)?

Hope we get an answer to very valid questions which you put much more eloquently than me (even if you are a Scot)

m8internet
29-10-2011, 03:24 PM
It is rather difficult to know the start and end time of any downtime unless there are records to refer to...

From the SLA (yet another hidden link and not easy to find) :

You need to Claim within 15 days of the failure, claim must be made by submitting a ticket through customer portal to our billing department, and ticket must clearly show evidence of outage, date of outage, start time and end time. If a ticket has not been raised
informing us about an outage, we are unable to provide a claim

Should the network fall below the Uptime SLA set out below, WE will offer the following credits:
99.81 to 99.9% = 5% monthly credit of the server affected
95% to 99.8% = 10% monthly credit of the server affected
90% to 94.9% = 25% credit of the server affected
89.9% or below = 40% credit of the server affected

Natasha
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
We do make sure to keep maximum uptime on our shared servers so to maintain the SLA, even client can check the servers status/uptime inside cpanel section.

We've a third party server monitoring system which checks all services along with the uptime. Your end users they can have their own third party application where they can configure/check the server's service status and uptime.

m8internet
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
even client can check the servers status/uptime inside cpanel section
Please advise how to navigate and find this

I have searched both my own and client accounts within cPanel and am unable to find any link with that name and specification, detailing the uptime

Natasha
03-11-2011, 01:21 PM
If I recall correctly old cpanel version had the option to check the server service status and uptime but with latest cpanel v11 there is no option to check servers uptime.

You can write a custom BASH script which will show the server uptime.

m8internet
04-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Any chance you could answer the question, instead of me having to repeat my original request several times...

OK, so please advise how this BASH script should be used and where details of this can be found?

Max
07-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Customization of the network page is taking a bit of time .. things are getting distorted , we are soon get it online.

m8internet
11-12-2011, 07:12 PM
It has been a month, can we have an update on this please

Also, a finally found a definition of downtime / uptime
This is per calendar month
So each sessions commences on the 1st of each month and ends on the last day of each month

Natasha
28-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Our development team corrected this issue with our network uptime page and you can go through - http://network.webhost.uk.net/ also if you want you can write a custom bash script in which you can code in such a way that you can have servers uptime records.

m8internet
28-12-2011, 04:57 PM
if you want you can write a custom bash script in which you can code in such a way that you can have servers uptime records
Refer to post #7 above

I have a script already but it simply advises the time since last reboot, not the uptime

Natasha
29-12-2011, 12:11 PM
There are few bash commands to check the server uptime like - w and uptime, for example

-----
root@server [~]# w
12:09:25 up 68 days, 23:26, 2 users, load average: 0.98, 0.72, 0.43
USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT
root@server [~]# uptime
12:09:27 up 68 days, 23:26, 2 users, load average: 0.98, 0.72, 0.43
-----

So you need to write such a code that it picks servers bash command and outputs the correct uptime record.

m8internet
29-12-2011, 03:22 PM
As above I already have such a script, but that is NOT uptime it is just the time since last reboot
uptime is defined as the % of operation against downtime per month
So I raise the same question, again

See :
https://m8internet.com/uptime.php
However this uses an external provider, not a script from the server
Again this is uptime for December 2011, and come January 2012 it will reset (as it does every month)

Natasha
29-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I agree but for tracking out the downtime per month is counted the time interval between last reboot and the time when the server is up after rebooting. For this the script should be coded in such a way that it track down each reboot interval time and the time it takes to get online. Even our NOC team provide us the graphical interface for bandwidth meter where it shows server inaccessible and time when it comes online, this way we are able to count the time taken to get server online.

Definitely there needs some customization script which can be able to track this.

m8internet
30-12-2011, 08:30 AM
At last finally, the penny drops
Please keep us up to date within this thread on development as this is a necessary tool for all account holders and this is a short coming with Web Host UK