PDA

View Full Version : Moving domain name

akmiller
13-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Can anyone tell me how to move a domain name from one company to another. Does it cost?

m8internet
14-12-2010, 10:43 PM
It depends on the TLD, Top level Domain, that applies

For a .com .net and .org it costs the renewal fee
This then adds a minimum of 1 year to the renewal
The Domain Name then needs to be unlocked the EPP key applied

For a .uk there is normally no fee
However, some registrars do apply a fee, so be wary
The IPSTAG then needs to be updated

The transfer process itself takes between 1 hour and 7 days
Finally, don't forget the nameservers may need updating if also moving the website and email between providers

Max
15-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Hello,

Yes thats correct as m8internet updated.

Just let us know if your domain is .com or .co.uk I will update you the exact steps to transfer a domain.

akmiller
30-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Hello,

Yes thats correct as m8internet updated.

Just let us know if your domain is .com or .co.uk I will update you the exact steps to transfer a domain.

Sorry for the late response. I have 2 domains. the first is a .biz I have the domain name with a french company and hosting by someone else but want to transfer to Webhost. At a push i can leave the domain where it is and point to webspace here.

The other is a .com and i got the domain and hosting with the same company but wish to move everything away from them to here.

Thanks
Alan

Abbie
30-01-2011, 03:20 AM
As you are aware, we offer domain registration and web hosting both..

You may transfer your domain over to us and this can be done while trying to signup for any of the packages on our website.

Alternatively, you may also, check out the following url to know more about our domain registration and transfer pricing:

http://secure.webhost.uk.net/domainchecker.php

Once you transfer your domain over to us, or register a new domain, our control panel allows you to give you full control over your domain.

If you want you can also, signup for our web hosting services, and change the nameservers for your domain, while your domain still being with your old domain registrar.