PDA

View Full Version : Errors on your Server Status page - please resolve

Ames
22-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Hello
I hope you're all well.

I've noticed three errors on your Server Status page and was wondering if you would address them please.

Error 1: The time (in hours, minutes and seconds) is the same for all servers after the first six entries (for example, it may read 17:07:23 for all servers from server #7 through to server #36). I would expect them to all have different time values. I have been told that the hour-minute times are the same for servers #7 to #36 due to how the values are accessed from the data center but then why are the first six server times different (as they all should be), and if they are all supposed to be the same for some strange reason, why print the hour and minute time values at all (and instead just show the day values)?

Error 2: The server named 'Jaguar' has been showing a value of 4 days for over a month now so its uptime is most certainly incorrect.

Error 3: The 'PHP Info' links on the page don't work and simply reload the page when clicked - it's best not to be having them if they don't do anything.

I think it's great that you have this page for server uptime (a lot of web hosts don't) but the issues outlined above cast doubt on the accuracy of these status values.

I first reported these issues a month ago and there's still no change - I'm desperate to sign up but can't go ahead until these problems are resolved. At the very least I'd like an accurate estimate of how long they'll take to fix and what guarantees there are that accurate values are being reported in the first place. As I've mentioned, the spirit of this status page is commendable.

Thanks for your time.

Server Status page link:
http://secure.webhost.uk.net/serverstatus.php

Max
25-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Hello,

Thank you to let our attention regarding this problem.. I will have our script developer to check the status and get it fixed.

Max
30-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Hello,

This page has been fixed now.

Abbie
01-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Just a quick note.. the server status page is now located at http://network.webhost.uk.net

Ames
02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Hello.
Thanks for looking at the issues I raised on about the server status page. However, the information level of this new status page has now been reduced: the great thing about the original status page was that it provided a measure of the server uptime for each server instance (in days, hours and minutes) -- this data has now been removed from this 'updated' status page.

Essentially, I'm worse off looking at this new status page given I want historical data and reassurance about the reliability of your servers (indicated by their uptime values). Please consider amending the new page to reflect server uptime for each entry as was (sort of) provided originally.

Thanks for your continuing attention on this matter.

Abbie
03-11-2010, 04:32 AM
We are yet working on the uptime records to be published on the monitoring page. We are still trying to get a suitable plugin working as it has to be integrated with our internal monitoring system and the publicly available server status page.

However, the new monitoring url is far far far more accurate than the previous one. Infact, we use the same for our internal monitoring so it is something I would say is close to perfect in terms of accuracy.

Ames
03-11-2010, 11:20 AM
The current status information only tells me whether the servers are switched on or not (with load information for each). I really want to know how long each server has been active since its last restart (i.e. their uptime stats); these values give a measure of reliability. I look forward to the uptime stats being posted.

Thanks for your time.

Abbie
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
The server status page now displays the uptime reports as well. I am glad, we could get the uptime plugin for nagios integrated with our monitoring system :)

Ames
03-11-2010, 09:53 PM
That's certainly much better. Thank you :)