It is very important to select right webhost provider if you are going to host a small business website. Your ability to remunerate completely depends on hosting website with right host to avoid downtime and making the website available on World Wide Web as much as possible. It is very important to establish an online presence which can be achieved by professionally designed website and hosting the content with top-class hosting company. We will see the important factors you need to check in with your webhost.
Important factors required for Small Business Hosting:
1) Right Hosting Plan: A shared hosting deal would be best suitable for hosting a small business website. A shared hosting is the platform where the resources like server space, CPU and bandwidth is being shared by other users. However, your account will be having dedicated disk space and bandwidth depending upon the package you purchase. This is way cheaper then dedicated server and easy to use as complete account can be managed by a single control panel. But this is not an option for bigger business and ecommerce websites. For bigger business and ecommerce website, it is always recommended to go for at least a VPS or Dedicated Server.
2) Data Backup: It is our responsibility to take the back of data for security purposes as due to technical issues, you might lose data. But it is also duty of webhost provider to take the backup of your data. So, it is very important to check the backup availability with the hosting company which assures you that the backup of your data is being stored on external server and can be re-instated when needed.
3) Uptime: As long as your business operation is online, you are going to generate revenue by selling your products. It is very important to have a reliable hosting provider with better uptime feedback. Uptime is money for the owners of ecommerce websites. If your website is down, you will be losing customers due to unavailability of the website. So, uptime is the most important factor required for hosting a small business website. Also make sure to go through the legal terms and conditions of webhost provider for server uptime.
4) Online Transaction Security: Online Transaction Security should be implemented on website for receiving payments online through Credit Cards. For accepting payment online, it is very essential to have a SSL certificated installed on the website. A SSL certificate sends these Credit card details as password encrypted which assures customer that your website is genuine, secured and can be trusted. If the online transaction is not secure, customers would not buy from you knowing that their payment details are not secure.
5) Technical Support: It is particularly important to have a 24x7x365 days available technical support as there might be any technical issues on the server for which you might need assistance from online support department. A top-class webhost company will indeed offer 24x7x365 day free technical support and will respond to your queries competently and quickly.
6) User Friendly Website: Generally, new customers visiting your website might find it difficult to navigate through products or look up for the products available on your website. Hence, it is utmost important to have user-friendly yet professionally designed website for easy navigation and customers to place the order in an efficient manner without going through any hassle.